Donate Food and Supplies
Our community has a tremendous network of cooperative ministries and other non-profit organizations that distribute food, clothing, and critical resources to people in immediate need. We are relying heavily on their existing infrastructure and support networks to provide basic needs to families in crisis.
The demand for their services is growing exponentially as the pandemic lingers. We need everyone’s help to keep their shelves full of the key resources they need to care for our community through COVID-19. Items can be dropped off at a local food pantry nearest you where food donations will be received, logged, sorted, boxed and shared with partnering non-profit organizations as needed.
Gwinnett Great Days of Service
Gwinnett’s 2021 Great Days of Service will focus on hosting specific drives around our community that will provide much needed items to our local non-profits serving those in need. To learn how you can be a part of this year’s Great Days of Service, click here.
Most Needed Items
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Canned Beans (not Green Beans)
- Any Canned Meats (Tuna/Chicken/Spam)
- Canned Pasta
- White Rice
- Taco Kits
- Canned Fruit
- Diapers, Wipes & Baby Hygiene Items
Relief and recovery funds are greatly needed all across our community as we actively work to care for individuals and families in crisis. Here are a few great ways to lend your support.
Select Your Favorite Charity
Give directly to your favorite charities to expand their capacity and impact as they respond to the growing needs in our community.
Gwinnett Cares Relief & Recovery Fund
Donations from the community can be made to the Gwinnett Coalition, to enable us to continue to respond to the ever-changing needs in the community. The Coalition and our Gwinnett Cares Response Teams have real-time knowledge of where, when and how resources are needed most and best distributed for the greatest local impact. Your donations to this fund support our mission to help care for our community through COVID-19.
Donate Via PayPal
Provide Snacks and Meals For Our Healthcare Workers
Our healthcare heroes on the front lines are crazy busy and running on fumes, so one way we can help take care of them is provide snacks and meals for them to grab and go on their long shifts. If you’d be willing to buy some pre-packaged, individual-size snacks (i.e. protein bars, granola, crackers, cookies, chips, chocolates, etc.) or order up a meal for delivery from a local restaurant, coordinate with these contacts:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Annie Valenty – Annie.Valenty@choa.org
- Good Samaritan Health Center – Greg Lang – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gwinnett Health Department – Samantha Scoggins – 770-295-8058 – email@example.com
- Help for Healthcare Professionals – firstname.lastname@example.org – 678-948-5173
- Kaiser Permanente – Gary Stout – email@example.com
- Northside Hospital Gwinnett – Allison Hamlet – 770-722-7549 – Allison.Hamlet@northside.com
- Northside Hospital Duluth – Jill Morris – 678-312-6857 – Jill.Morris@northside.com
- View Point Health – Tiffany Deeds – 470-345-5766 – firstname.lastname@example.org