Date(s) - 01/27/2021
8:00 am - 9:30 am
Tune in as Georgia’s top healthcare leaders offer a briefing on the current state of COVID response and care in our community. Get the factual information you need to know how to best navigate through and coexist with COVID-19.
Featured Guest Speakers this month will include:
- Dr. Kathleen Toomey, Commissioner – Georgia Dept. of Public Health
- Dr. Clifford McDonald, Senior Advisor for Science and Integrity, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Dr. Audrey Arona, District Health Director – Gwinnett Newton Rockdale Health Departments
- Dr. Carlton Buchanan, Medical Director, Emergency Department – Northside Gwinnett
Key discussion topics will include:
- Notable Statistics and Data
- Latest in Testing Efforts & Case Management
- Hospital Capacity & Diversion Response
- Vaccination Distribution Plans
- Logistical Challenges To Vaccinate the Masses – Need for Patience
- The Science Behind the Vaccines
- How Fast-Tracking of the Vaccine Was Made Possible & Successful
- New Variant Strands of COVID-19
- Vaccination Costs
- Goals & Challenges – Reaching Herd Immunity
- How to Best Care for Yourself During COVID-19
- Long-Term Medical Effects of COVID-19
- What To Do While We Wait for Vaccine
- Critical Calls to Action for our Community
We encourage everyone in the community to dial in to stay abreast of our community’s efforts to build #immunityforourcommunity!
Though some information will be Gwinnett-centric most content is completely relevant to any and all citizens of Georgia. All are welcome to dial in.
Summit is presented in partnership with the Gwinnett Newton Rockdale County Health Departments.
Here’s the link to the Zoom recording of the summit. Please feel free to download and share.
You can also go back and watch the Facebook Live video. Just go to Facebook and search @GwinnettCares.org and you will see the program posted on our feed. Please feel free to “share” the video with your friends on your Facebook page.