Gwinnett Cares Calendar
Click on the dates below to see daily activities taking place all across our community to care for those in need. See what's happening in your neighborhood.
- This event has passed.
GUIDE Fundamentals of Prevention
March 28, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on March 29, 2022 at 9:00 am
This course, approved by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia as a Core Course, will provide a basic foundation of prevention knowledge that can be further expanded through ongoing prevention training and development. By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Identify protective factors currently being used or those that will be implemented;
- Identify one prevention process/program that represents each prevention strategy;
- Identify risk factors;
- Determine what works in prevention;
- Define prevention strategies; and
- Outline historical timeline of prevention
This course occurs in two parts on Monday, March 28, and Tuesday, March 29 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registrant must attend both days of webinars in order to receive credit. Registration for this course closes at 5:00 p.m. on March 18, 2022.