- This event has passed.
GUIDE Fundamentals of Prevention Training
October 18 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2022 at 10:00 am
This virtual course, approved by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia as a Core Course, will provide a basic foundation of substance abuse prevention knowledge that can be further expanded through ongoing prevention training and development. By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Identify protective factors currently being used or those that will be implemented;
- Identify one prevention process/program that represents each prevention strategy;
- Identify risk factors;
- Determine what works in prevention;
- Define prevention strategies; and
- Outline historical timeline of prevention
This course occurs in two parts on Tuesday, October 18 and Thursday, October 20 from 10 am – 4 pm. Registrant must attend both days of webinars in order to receive credit.
This is one of four core courses required by the Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia (PCCG) in order to earn your prevention credentials.
Registration for this course closes at 5 pm EST on October 11, 2022. Learn more and register here.